Why WW could be right for you
Making the leap to try a weight loss plan is a big deal. It means finding something right for your preferences and your lifestyle, changing up your routine, and being brave and taking the leap to do something just for you. Sometimes making a commitment to yourself is the easiest one we can break, so finding the weight loss plan that is right for you is a crucial first step.
While there are plenty of fad weight loss plans out there, WW has a legacy of helping millions of people around the globe to lose weight for more than 50 years. Here are our top reasons WW may be the right fit for you.
What is myWW+?
We know there’s a connection between weight-loss and healthy eating, but that’s not the complete picture. myWW+ looks at several elements to bring you a holistic approach to losing weight.
myWW+ is about helping you get healthier and feel better. It starts with a brand new personal assessment, where we get to know your food preferences, activity level, sleep habits, lifestyle, and more. At the end, you’ll get a personalized action plan with insight into your overall wellness. We’ll identify the areas where you’re strong and where you could use a boost, so you can focus on the elements that will matter most along your journey.
If you're new to WW, you'll be matched with a food plan that's right for you—Green, Blue, or Purple—as well as a list of ZeroPoint™—ones that you don’t have to weigh or count (Think fruits, veggies, lentils, salmon, chicken, potatoes). Plan no longer working for your lifestyle? Just switch!
Each plan has a different SmartPoints budget and ZeroPoint foods list:
- Green has a sizable SmartPoints Budget and 100+ ZeroPoint foods (fruits and veggies)
- Blue has a moderate SmartPoints Budget and 200+ ZeroPoint foods (fruits, veggies, and lean proteins).
- Purple has a modest SmartPoints Budget and 300+ ZeroPoint foods (fruits, veggies, lean proteins, and whole grains).
No plan is better than another as each one is based on our proven SmartPoints system and all are designed to give you similar weight loss. The one that’s best is the one that gives you the most flexibility, because that's the one that will be the most livable for you.
Holistic well, supported by these great features!
NEW “What in Your Fridge” meal planner that suggests dishes using what you have on hand
NEW in-depth progress report and weekly check-in that measures your success on and off the scale
NEW upgraded activity dashboard with a new way to view your FitPoints that helps you move more and find workouts you love
NEW 5-Minute Coaching tool that delivers bite-sized behaviour change techniques for your busy life
NEW personalized recipes with ideas based on what you like to eat and how many SmartPoints® you have left
NEW science-backed sleep tools help you get a good night’s sleep every night
How do I take the myWW+ personal assessment?
By answering in-depth questions about your habits, lifestyle, and goals, we’ll give you a view of your overall wellness and a personalized starting point for your wellness journey.
Backed by science
WW is rooted in science with more than 50 years of history successfully scaling effective, accessible, science-based weight management, including 100 published studies conducted in 5 countries on 4 continents have rigorously evaluated the WW program and demonstrated its efficacy.
Numerous randomized clinical trials have shown that WW is more effective for weight loss than self-help, university-based treatment, and physician advice. WW has been shown to be effective among individuals with diabetes and prediabetes.
Better than doing it on your own
Losing weight can be hard, that’s why we at WW know that it is better – and easier - to embark on a weight loss journey with a tool that can help you on your way. In fact, in a six-month clinical trial, 88% of participants agreed that the myWW program is an easier way to lose weight than when they have tried to lose weight on their own.*
*In a six-month clinical trial of the myWW program, conducted at the Medical University of South Carolina’s Weight Management Center, results indicate that the participants experienced clinically significant benefits on and off the scale.
Three ways to join
In addition to a customized food plan, there are three ways you can work WW.
- WW Workshops are where the magic happens - and now we offer Virtual Workshops - so you can stay connected, even at a distance. Weekly WW Workshops focus on giving you the tools you need to succeed in a supportive environment. Learn from expert WW Coaches who have been in your shoes. You will be a part of a like-minded community, where everyone is working towards the same goal. Learn from each other in an environment of unconditional support.
- Our Digital program is perfect for self-starters who are on-the-go. Set self-driven goals, track your progress in real-time, and get immediate accountability. Use the app to track your food, get inspiration from our more than 5,000 recipes and articles to keep you motivated. Access 24/7 support with Expert Chat or log on to Connect, our exclusive members-only social community where you can connect with fellow members.
- Get all the benefits of either Workshops or Digital but get the added accountability, weight loss, and savings of joining with a friend. It’s perfect for couples or those looking to make a lifestyle change with a friend. Plus, members who did the WW program together lost 15% more weight than those doing the program on their own.*
*Canadian member data comparing weight loss on WW Freestyle after 8 weeks in multi-member households to weight loss in single member households.