Sweet Potato Risotto
Published March 4, 2016
SmartPoints: 12 | Prep Time: 20 min | Cook Time: 35 min | Serves: 8 | Difficulty: Moderate
When you're in the mood for a creamy treat without all the fat, cook up some risotto.
- 4 large uncooked sweet potato(es), peeled and cut into bite-size pieces
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 1 cup(s) uncooked onion(s), chopped
- 2 clove(s) garlic clove(s), minced
- 2 1⁄4 cup(s) uncooked arborio rice
- 1⁄2 cup(s) table wine, dry white
- 5 cup(s) water, boiling
- 1⁄2 bunch(es) arugula, trimmed
- 1⁄4 cup(s) light cream
- 1 Tbsp chives, chopped
- 1 oz grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 cube(s) vegetable bouillon cube, crumbled
- Preheat oven to 400ºF. Coat a baking sheet with cooking spray. Microwave sweet potato until almost tender, about 4 minutes. Drain and place on baking sheet. Bake for about 20 minutes or until golden.
- Heat oil in a large pan and add onion, garlic and rice. Cook for 2 minutes and add wine. Stir in boiling water in 1-cup batches along with bouillon cubes. Stir until water is absorbed and rice is tender. Add extra water if necessary. The total cooking time should be about 35 minutes.
- Stir in arugula, cream and sweet potatoes and heat through. Sprinkle with chives and cheese.