Spanish-Inspired Grilled Shrimp
Prep Time: 12 min | Cook Time: 6 min | Serves: 4 | Difficulty: Easy | SmartPoints: 3
Spanish paprika lends a smoky flavour to this easy recipe. We used a sweet variety of the spice but you can use the picante (spicy) variety if you prefer.
- 5 tsp olive oil, extra virgin
- 1 Tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 1 Tbsp sherry vinegar
- 1 tsp paprika, sweet smoked Spanish-variety (Pimenton dulce)
- 1 tsp minced garlic
- 1⁄2 tsp kosher salt
- 1⁄4 tsp black pepper
- 1 pound(s) uncooked shrimp, large-size, peeled, deveined
- 1 spray(s) cooking spray
- In a medium-size glass dish, combine oil, lemon juice, vinegar, paprika, garlic, salt and pepper; add shrimp and toss to coat. Cover dish and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Remove shrimp from marinade; discard marinade. Evenly divide shrimp among 4 long metal skewers.
- Off heat, coat a grill rack or grill pan cooking spray; heat grill to high heat. Cook, turning once, until shrimp are cooked through, about 2 to 3 minutes per side. Yields 1 skewer per serving.
The marinade can be made and refrigerated up to 2 days before use. We left the tails on the shrimp for a pretty presentation. You can remove them before cooking though if you prefer.