How to Maintain Your Weight Loss on WW
If you are switching focus from losing weight to maintenance here are some of the best way to make sure your new habits stick is to adapt a maintenance mindset.
While attending WW Workshops can help, this at-a-glance guide will help you navigate this new phase:
- Managing your new SmartPoints® Budget
- When you hit your chosen weight, your daily SmartPoints Budget is increased by 5.
If you’re using the app or the website, your Budget will automatically update when you change your settings from “Lose weight” to “Healthy habits.”
Adjusting your Budget
In maintenance, it may take you a little while to stabilize your weight. You may find that 5 SmartPoints is too many or maybe not enough. It’s all about finding the sweet spot that lets you feel in control, while also loosening the reins a bit. To modify your Budget, go to the Settings in the app or online and use this guide to adjust accordingly:
- If you lose one pound: Add 3 SmartPoints to your daily Budget
- If you gain one pound: Reduce your daily Budget by 3 SmartPoints.
- If your weight remains stable: You're good to go, no action required!
Reaching your desired weight doesn’t necessarily mean it’ll never go up again. To prevent a weight fluctuations from surprising you, follow these steps:
- Choose an "intervention weight." Typically three to five pounds above your desired weight, this is the number that will signal it's time to shift back into weight loss mode. Once you pick a number, write it down to reference later.
- Hit your "intervention weight"? It's time for weight loss mode. You've done it before, and you can do it again! More specifically: Revert to your previous SmartPoints Budget by changing your settings from “Healthy habits” to “Weight loss and healthy habits” in the settings of your app.
- Make an action plan. Write down up to three eating and/or activity habits you'll change as well as any other steps you’ll take to reverse your gain.
If you run into trouble, remember that WW is here for you! You can chat with a Coach 24/7 in the App and on WW.com or talk with other members who are also in #maintenance on Connect, WW's members-only digital community. You've got this!