Grilled Mahi Mahi with Lemon-Herb Aioli
SmartPoints : 3 | Prep Time: 10 min | Cook Time: 10 min | Serves: 4 | Difficulty: Easy
Mahi Mahi is a firm-fleshed fish that makes a great choice for grilling. The lemony sauce comes together in just minutes.
- 1 tsp olive oil, extra-virgin
- 1⁄4 tsp table salt, or to taste
- 1⁄8 tsp black pepper, freshly ground, or to taste
- 1 1⁄2 pound(s) uncooked Mahi mahi fillet(s), four 6-oz skinless pieces
- 2 Tbsp reduced-calorie mayonnaise
- 1 Tbsp chives, fresh, chopped
- 1 Tbsp water
- 1 tsp fresh tarragon, chopped
- 1⁄2 tsp lemon zest
- 1⁄2 tsp fresh lemon juice
- 1⁄4 tsp minced garlic
- Preheat outdoor grill (or grill pan) to medium-high.
- In a small cup, combine oil, salt and pepper; rub mixture over fish and let stand while grill preheats.
- In another small cup, combine mayonnaise, chives, water, tarragon, lemon zest, lemon juice and garlic; set aside.
- Grill fish, turning once, until just cooked through, about 8 to 10 minutes. Remove to serving plates and drizzle with sauce. Yields 1 piece fish and about 2 teaspoons sauce per serving.
Feel free to use your favourite herbs such as thyme, dill, basil or parsley. The sauce is also delicious drizzled over vegetables such as asparagus, tomatoes, green beans or even, new potatoes. A nice way to prevent your fish from sticking to the grill is to cook the fish on a bed of lemon slices that you place directly on the grate.