25 Ways to Be Good to Yourself
Feel awesome by trying one (or five) of these today!
Published November 3, 2016
Your mental health and happiness are as important to your journey as what you put in your Tracker. Seriously! What you think determines how you feel and how you feel determines what you do. Need some “me time” ideas that go beyond parking it in front of the TV? We’ve come up with some easy feel-good suggestions to get you started.
- Make a playlist of your favorite songs or listen to WW’s Feeling Good list on Spotify! Are you dancing yet?
- Write a letter or email to an old friend. When’s the last time you did that?
- Having a #Glowment? Take a selfie and post it on Connect!
- Join a book club and keep your paperback or tablet in your bag for a mini escape each day. Don’t know any interested readers? Check out meetup.com for book clubs in your area. (Also, check out The Seat of the Soul by Gary Zukav — it’s one of Oprah’s faves!)
- Is the weather not playing nice? Try one of or heartwarming and easy Slow-Cooker Meals!
- Treat yourself to a massage!
- Liven up your space with flowers or a plant. The grocery store is a great place to pick up inexpensive ones for your work desk or table at home.
- Prepare a healthier version of one of your favorite foods. Peanut Buttery Cookie Dough Bites, anyone?
- Skip your shower and take a bath. Taking more time to let your body relax will make stress (and sore muscles) melt away.
- Plan a vacation and set a date. Looking forward to something fun can build excitement and make you feel happier. Try it and see!
- Light a candle — or impress your friends by making your own! (It’s easier than you think.)
- Find the coziest corner in a coffee shop and start journaling. It may help to put things in perspective by seeing your thoughts in writing.
- Enjoy a relaxing meditation session. It’s amazing how relaxing a few deep breaths can be.
- Call or text someone you miss. It’ll make their day.
- Brighten up and start glowing with a DIY moisturizing eye mask.
- Go to that movie or play you’ve been thinking about seeing. You’ll get a dose of culture and some laughs (or tears).
- Energize yourself with a new workout!
- Take 5 minutes to stretch. Extend your arms and legs or do some twists — whatever feels right for your body in the moment. Aaaah. That’s nice.
- Need a break from background music? Try a podcast — awesome and insightful conversations that you can listen to while you work, do chores, or commute.
- Shake up your breakfast by trying a swap. Maybe it’s matcha tea instead of coffee, a green smoothie instead of yogurt, or jazzed-up oatmeal instead of a bagel. You may find a new favorite.
- Treat yourself to a new experience. Curious about aerial yoga? Look into it. Want to try smudging? Go for it! (If not now, when?)
- Listen to an old album you used to love. Until they invent a DeLorean with a flux capacitor, it’s the closest you’ll get to a time machine.
- Go the farmers market and pick up an ingredient you’ve never used before. Put it in your Tracker and see what recipes come up!
- Find a healthy snack — have you tried dragon fruit or roasted seaweed? Yum!
- Watch the sunrise or the sunset…or both! Take a moment to reflect on something that makes you feel happy. What a great way to start and end the day.