Healthy vegetarian takeaway-style recipes
Tips for making curries healthier at home
Here are our expert tips and simple swaps to making the restaurant classic curry at home.
For the curry:
• Fill your curry with a good source of protein like legumes and beans. Add lots of crisp vegetables like snow peas and broccoli.
• Add flavour by using fresh ginger, spices and fresh herbs like Thai basil.
• Use a combination of light coconut milk and stock to ensure you’ll still have a rich sauce.
For the rice:
• Try swapping traditional rice for cauliflower rice. Simply put cauliflower through a food processor until finely chopped and then toss in a wok with a little water or oil. Add onion and turmeric for extra flavour.
• Or trade white rice for brown rice for added nutrients.