White bean, corn and herb fritters with capsicum salsa
Cannellini beans are a good source of protein, which helps keep you fuller for longer. These little bean and corn fritters are delicious as a cold lunch, too.
- 400 g Cannellini beans, canned, rinsed, drained, (1x400g can)
- 3 medium egg(s)
- 1/3 cup(s) wholemeal self-raising flour, (50g)
- 240 g Sweetcorn, kernels, purchased frozen, boiled, drained, (1 1/2 cup)
- 350 g orange sweet potato (kumara), grated
- 3 individual Green shallots, thinly sliced
- 2 tbs fresh mint, chopped, plus 1 tbs extra
- 1 tbs olive oil
- 1 medium Red capsicum, finely chopped
- 1 medium Tomato, finely chopped
Place cannellini beans in a large bowl and mash, keeping some texture. Add eggs and flour and stir until combined. Stir through sweetcorn, sweet potato, shallot and mint. Season.
Heat half the oil in a large non-stick frying pan on medium-high. Add four 1/4-cup quantities of bean mixture to the pan to make 4 fritters. Cook for 2-3 minutes each side or until golden and cooked through. Transfer to a plate and cover to keep warm. Cook the remaining fritter mixture, in batches with remaining oil, to make 16 fritters.
Meanwhile, combine capsicum, tomato and extra mint in a medium bowl. Serve fritters with the capsicum salsa.
- SERVING SUGGESTION: Mixed salad leaves and add a medium finely chopped avocado added to the salsa.