Smoky tuna and chickpea pan-fry
- 1 medium red onion, cut into thin wedges
- 1 medium Capsicum, yellow, raw, cut into 3cm pieces
- 1 can(s) chickpeas, canned, rinsed, drained, (400g can)
- 2 tsp Paprika, smoked
- 200 g baby spinach leaves
- 1 tbs lemon juice, plus lemon wedges to serve
- 425 g Tuna, canned in springwater, drained, (425g can) flaked
Heat a large non-stick frying pan over high heat. Cook onion and capsicum, stirring occasionally, for 6 minutes or until lightly charred and just tender. Reduce heat to medium. Add chickpeas and paprika and cook, stirring, for 2 minutes or until heated through.
Add spinach and juice and cook, stirring, for 2 minutes or until spinach has just wilted. Add tuna and gently toss. Serve with lemon wedges.
- ADD IT: 1 tbs flaked almonds (toasted) to serve. SWAP IT: Spinach for baby kale (shredded).