- 400 g Chicken, lean breast, mince, raw
- 15 g Breadcrumbs
- 1 clove(s) fresh garlic, crushed
- 1 tsp fresh ginger, grated
- 1 whole fresh red chilli, (small) finely chopped
- 1 tsp lime rind, finely grated
- 2 tsp fish sauce
- 1 medium egg(s), lightly beaten
- 1 medium fresh cucumber
- 3/4 cup(s) bean sprouts
- 1/2 small red onion, thinly sliced
- 30 g mixed salad leaves, Asian leaves
- 4 medium multigrain bread roll, (4x60g), split
- 2 tbs sweet chilli sauce
- 1 x 3 second spray(s) oil spray
Combine mince, breadcrumbs, garlic, ginger, chilli, rind, fish sauce and egg in a medium bowl. Shape mix into four patties, gently pressing each one to about 2cm thick. Lightly spray a large frying pan with oil and heat over medium heat. Cook patties for 4–5 minutes each side or until cooked.
Using a vegie peeler, cut Lebanese cucumber into long thin ribbons. Combine bean sprouts, red onion and Asian salad leaves in a medium bowl.
Preheat grill. Lightly toast cut side of rolls under grill. Spread roll bases with chilli sauce, then top each with chicken burger patties, cucumber ribbons and mixed salad. Sandwich with remaining rolls, then serve.
- SERVING SUGGESTION: Mixed baby green leaf salad on the side.TIP: Prepare the patties several hours in advance. Cover and keep refrigerated until ready to cook.