- 1 1/2 tbs plain flour, (2tbs) 2tsp discarded
- 1 medium egg(s), lightly beaten
- 50 g Breadcrumbs, (2/3 cup), panko
- 30 g reduced-salt taco seasoning mix
- 432 g skinless chicken breast, (buy 480g) scaloppine
- 1 1/2 tbs canola oil
- 400 g salad, coleslaw without dressing
- 60 ml fat-free dressing, (coleslaw)
Place flour on a plate. Whisk egg with 2 teaspoons water in a shallow bowl. Combine breadcrumbs and seasoning on a plate.
Coat each scaloppine in flour, then egg mixture and breadcrumb mixture. Place on a plate.
Heat oil in a large non-stick frying pan over medium-high heat. Add scaloppine and cook, in batches, for 2 minutes each side or until golden and cooked through.
Meanwhile, combine coleslaw and dressing in a large bowl. Serve chicken with coleslaw.
- TIP: Fresh shredded coleslaw is sold in the fresh produce section of most supermarkets. If unavailable, make your own with finely shredded red cabbage, coarsely grated carrot and thinly sliced green shallots. Chicken scaloppine is thinly sliced chicken breast. If unavailable, make your own by cutting 2 chicken breasts horizontally into 2 thin fillets. Using a meat mallet or rolling pin, pound chicken between 2 pieces of plastic wrap until about 4mm thick.