Sweet potato and chickpea patties
- 500 g orange sweet potato (kumara), coarsely chopped
- 1 tbs Indian curry paste
- 1 can(s) Chickpeas, canned, rinsed, drained, (1 x 400g can)
- 100 g boiled frozen green beans, drained, thawed, thinly sliced
- 2 individual Green shallots, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup(s) fresh coriander, finely chopped
- 1 medium Egg, lightly beaten
- 1/3 cup(s) plain flour
- 1 tbs olive oil
- 2 tbs fresh mint, shredded
- 1/2 cup(s) 99% fat-free plain yoghurt, (120g)
- 1 medium Lime, cut into wedges to serve
Boil, steam or microwave the potato until just tender. Drain. Place in a medium bowl and mash until smooth. Stir in the curry paste. Cool for 5 minutes.
Place the chickpeas in a small bowl and roughly mash. Add the chickpea, beans, shallot, coriander, egg and flour to the potato and mix well. Season with salt and pepper.
Heat half the oil in a large non-stick frying pan over medium-high heat. Spoon 4 x ¼-cup measures of potato mixture into the pan and flatten to 1cm thickness. Cook for 2-3 minutes each side or until browned lightly and cooked through. Transfer to a plate and cover to keep warm. Repeat twice more with remaining oil and potato mixture to make 12 patties.
Combine mint and yoghurt in a small bowl. Season with salt and pepper. Serve the patties with mint yoghurt and lime wedges.
- SERVING SUGGESTION: Mixed leaf green salad.