Sweet corn and coriander fritters with smoked salmon
- 1/4 cup(s) skim milk, (60ml)
- 3 medium egg(s)
- 2/3 cup(s) reduced-fat ricotta cheese
- 1/2 cup(s) white self-raising flour, (75g)
- 1 large zucchini, coarsely grated
- 2 1/2 cup(s) fresh corn, kernels, (500g)
- 4 individual green shallots, green, thinly sliced
- 2 tbs fresh coriander, chopped
- 4 cup(s) rocket leaves, baby, (120g)
- 6 slice(s) smoked salmon, (150g)
- 2 x 3 second spray(s) oil spray
Whisk milk, eggs and ricotta in a large bowl. Gradually whisk in flour until batter is smooth. Squeeze excess moisture from zucchini. Add to batter with corn, shallots and coriander and mix well to combine.
Lightly spray a large non-stick frying pan with oil and heat over medium heat. Spoon ¼ cup (60ml) batter into pan. Cook for 2–3 minutes each side or until golden and cooked through. Transfer to a plate and cover to keep warm. Repeat with remaining batter to make 12 fritters (cook 2–3 at once to save time).
Top fritters with rocket and salmon. Serve with a lemon wedge.
- TIPS: You will need approximately 3 large corn cobs for 2½ cups fresh corn kernels. Alternatively, use canned or thawed frozen corn kernels.To remove corn kernels, trim one end of the cob so it sits flat on your chopping board. Then use a large sharp knife to cut down the length of the cob, close to the core.