Sweet and sour pork with fried rice
¾ cup(s), (150g)
Lean pork fillet
450 g, (buy 500g), fat trimmed, cut into 3cm cubes
1 medium, finely sliced
2 medium, coarsely chopped
1 medium, coarsely chopped
Rice wine vinegar
¼ cup(s), (60ml)
1½ tsp, extra
200 g, coarsely chopped
2 individual, half sliced crossways, half sliced lengthways
Frozen green peas
¾ cup(s), (90g)
2 medium, lightly beaten
3 x 3 second spray(s)
- Cook rice in a large saucepan of boiling salted water, following packet instructions until tender. Drain.
- Meanwhile, lightly spray a large non-stick frying pan with oil and heat over medium heat. Add pork, stir-fry for 7-8 minutes or until browned. Transfer to a plate. Lightly spray same frying pan with oil and add onion and capsicum. Stir-fry for 6-8 minutes or until soft. Add pineapple, stir-fry for 1 minute. Transfer to plate with pork.
- Whisk rice wine vinegar, honey, cornflour, soy sauce and ½ cup (125ml) water in a jug until smooth. Pour sauce into pan, cook over low heat, stirring, for 3-4 minutes or until thickened. Return pork, vegetables and pineapple to pan and cook for a 4-5 minutes or until pork is cooked through.
- Meanwhile, lightly spray a large non-stick frying pan with oil and heat over medium heat. Add cooked rice and stir-fry for 3-4 minutes, add extra soy sauce, crossways sliced green shallots and peas, stir-fry until combined. Push fried rice to one side of pan and pour eggs into the space. Leave to cook for 1 minute or until just set. Stir to chop eggs and mix into rice.
- Serve pork topped with lengthways sliced shallots and with egg fried rice on the side.