- 400 g skinless salmon, boneless
- 2 medium fresh lime
- 700 g pineapple
- 250 g cherry tomato
- 180 g Freekeh, dry, (1 cup)
- 1 medium red capsicum, cut into long thin strips
- 1 medium yellow capsicum, cut into long thin strips
- 1 medium green capsicum, cut into long thin strips
- 1/2 tsp ground paprika, sweet
- 1/2 small red onion, finely sliced
- 40 g rocket leaves
- 1 tbs white wine vinegar
- 3 tsp olive oil, extra-virgin
- 2 x 3 second spray(s) oil spray
Cut salmon into 3cm chunks. For thinner parts, pile together to create a similar-sized piece. Peel pineapple and cut into 2cm slices. Remove core section and cut into 2-3cm pieces. Halve one lime lengthways and cut crossways into 5mm slices. Thread salmon, pineapple, tomatoes and a double layer of lime slices onto 12 skewers, dividing evenly. Cover and chill until required.
Meanwhile, cook freekeh in a large saucepan of boiling water for 20 minutes or until tender. Drain and cool. Preheat a chargrill or barbecue on medium-high. Lightly spray capsicum strips with olive oil and chargrill, tossing occasionally, for about 5 minutes or until tender. Set aside to cool slightly.
Halve remaining lime and squeeze juice over skewers. Sprinkle with paprika. Lightly spray with olive oil and chargrill, turning occasionally, for 4 minutes or until lightly browned.
Combine freekeh, capsicum, onion and rocket in a large bowl. Drizzle with vinegar and oil. Season and toss to combine. Serve with skewers.