- 150 g Weight Watchers Buttery Spread, softened
- 2 tsp Vanilla bean extract, alcohol free
- 25 g fresh ginger, finely grated
- 60 g Sweetener, stevia, (1/2 cup) granulated
- 1/2 cup(s) maple syrup
- 2 medium egg(s)
- 2 cup(s) white self-raising flour
- 2 tsp dried ginger, ground
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp ground nutmeg
- 1/4 tsp cooking salt
- 1/2 tsp bicarbonate of soda
- 3/4 cup(s) skim milk
- 1 cup(s) pumpkin, boiled, (270g of cold, mashed butternut pumpkin)
- 1/4 cup(s) pecans
- 1 tbs maple syrup, extra
- 1/4 cup(s) extra light cooking cream
Preheat oven to 180°C. Lightly spray a deep 21cm baba cake tin with oil.
Using electric beaters, beat 100g spread, vanilla extract, fresh ginger, stevia and half the maple syrup in a large bowl until pale and fluffy. Beat in eggs, 1 at a time, until just combined. Fold in flour, ground ginger, cinnamon and nutmeg, salt and bicarbonate of soda with the milk, in 2 batches, until combined. Stir in pumpkin until combined.
Spread mixture into prepared tin. Bake for 40 minutes or until a skewer inserted into the centre comes out clean. Stand cake in tin for 5 minutes before turning onto a wire rack to cool completely.
Meanwhile, heat cream, remaining spread and maple syrup in a small saucepan over medium heat. Bring to the boil and boil for 2 minutes or until sauce reduces slightly. Remove from heat. Set aside for 5 minutes to thicken.
Place cake on a serving plate. Drizzle with caramel sauce.
Place ¼ cup pecans on a baking tray lined with baking paper. Drizzle with extra maple syrup and toss to coat. Bake for 10-12 minutes, stirring occasionally, or until golden and crisp. Set aside to cool. Coarsely chop. Sprinkle on top of cake.
- TIP: Get ahead by making this cake up to one day ahead.