- 1/4 cup(s) grated parmesan cheese, (20g), finely grated
- 125 g Hans 98% Fat Free Short Cut Bacon, cut into thin strips
- 240 g pasta, (spaghetti)
- 1 tbs olive oil
- 200 g Mushrooms, sliced
- 2 clove(s) garlic, crushed
- 3 medium egg(s)
- 1/4 tbs reduced-fat cream, (60ml)
- 2 tbs fresh flat-leaf parsley, finely chopped
- 4 individual Green shallots
Cook spaghetti in a large saucepan of boiling salted water following packet instructions, or until just tender. Drain well and return to pan.
Heat oil in a large non-stick frying pan over high heat. Add mushrooms and bacon and cook, stirring occasionally, for 5 minutes or until golden. Add garlic and shallots and cook, stirring, for 2 minutes or until fragrant.
Whisk eggs, cream and parmesan in a small jug. Add egg mixture to hot spaghetti, along with mushroom mixture and parsley. Stir thoroughly for 1–2 minutes, ensuring egg does not scramble, until spaghetti is coated and a smooth sauce forms. Season with salt and freshly ground black pepper and serve immediately.