This dish is a favourite classic all over the world for a reason. Whip it up and you’ll see why.
- 200 g pasta, spaghetti
- 1 tbs olive oil
- 200 g Mushrooms, button variety, sliced
- 112 g Bacon, shortcut, raw, (Buy 125g) fat trimmed, thinly sliced
- 2 clove(s) garlic, crushed
- 4 individual Green shallots, thinly sliced
- 3 medium egg(s)
- 1/4 cup(s) Cooking cream, light, (60ml)
- 1/4 cup(s) grated parmesan cheese, (20g)
- 2 tbs fresh flat-leaf parsley, finely chopped
Cook spaghetti in a large saucepan of boiling salted water following packet instructions, or until just tender. Drain well and return to pan.
Heat oil in a large non-stick frying pan over high heat. Cook mushrooms and bacon, stirring occasionally, for 5 minutes or until golden. Add garlic and shallots and cook, stirring, for 2 minutes or until fragrant.
Whisk eggs, cream and parmesan in a small jug. Add spaghetti to mushroom mixture in pan and toss to combine. Remove from heat and stir through egg mixture and parsley. Stir thoroughly for 1–2 minutes until spaghetti is coated and a smooth sauce forms. Season with salt and pepper and serve.