- 4 whole fresh mushrooms, (field), stalks removed, halved
- 1 tsp dijon mustard
- 1 tbs worcestershire sauce
- 2 tbs barbecue sauce, (smokey)
- 2 tsp fresh thyme
- 1 clove(s) fresh garlic, crushed
- 320 g sourdough bread, (8x40g)
- 400 g trimmed beef fillet, or minute steak, (4x125g)
- 200 g rocket leaves, (1 bunch)
- 1 large fresh tomato, cut into 8 slices
- 1/2 medium avocado, thinly sliced
- 2 x 3 second spray(s) oil spray
Preheat a chargrill or barbecue over medium-high heat. Lightly spray mushrooms with oil. Cook for 2–3 minutes each side or until tender. Transfer to a plate.
Meanwhile, combine mustard, Worcestershire and barbecue sauces, thyme and garlic in a shallow glass or ceramic bowl. Add steaks and turn to coat.
Reheat chargrill or barbecue over medium-high heat. Lightly spray bread with oil. Cook steaks and bread for 1 minute each side or until steak is cooked to your liking and bread is toasted.
Place 4 slices of toast on a flat surface. Top with rocket, steaks, tomato, mushrooms and avocado. Sandwich with the remaining toast. Serve.
- TIP: To clean a dirty chargrill, cover it with salt and heat over medium until a crust forms. Scrape out the salt with a wooden spoon, then wash, dry and apply a coat of oil.