Slow-cooked lamb leg with pomegranate and mint salad
2 tsp, cumin seeds, crushed
2 tsp, coriander seeds, crushed
Dried chilli flakes
1600 g, (2 x 1kg) lean, boneless lamb legs, fat trimmed
Salt reduced chicken stock
1 cup(s), (250ml)
30 ml, (1 1/2 tbs)
1 half, trimmed, thinly sliced
1 medium, thinly sliced
2 medium, deseeded, thinly sliced
2 cup(s), torn
516 g, (12 x 43g)
99% fat-free plain Greek yoghurt
1 cup(s), (260g)
- Preheat oven to 210°C. Combine cumin, coriander, cinnamon and chilli flakes in a small bowl. Place lamb in a large baking dish. Rub spice mixture over lamb and lightly spray with oil. Bake for 15-20 minutes or until browned.
- Reduce oven to 150°C. Add chicken stock to base of pan. Cover lamb with baking paper, tucking edges of paper under meat. Cover entire tray with foil. Bake for 3½-4 hours or until lamb is extremely tender and easily shreds with a fork.
- Transfer lamb to a plate. Cover with foil and set aside for 10 minutes to rest before coarsely shredding meat with 2 forks. Keep warm.
- Meanwhile, whisk pomegranate molasses, oil, lemon juice and honey in a large bowl until combined. Add cabbage, onion, capsicum and mint. Season and gently toss to combine.
- Spread each wrap with a little yoghurt. Top with shredded lamb and salad. Fold to enclose.