- 1 tbs olive oil
- 8 individual skinless chicken drumstick, (8x70g pieces) lovely legs
- 1 medium red onion, thinly sliced
- 1 medium carrot(s), chopped
- 2 individual Celery, chopped
- 3 clove(s) garlic, thinly sliced
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 80 ml wine, white, dry-style, (1/3 cup)
- 2 whole bay leaf
- 400 g canned diced tomatoes, (1x400g can)
- 1 1/2 cup(s) chicken stock, (375ml), salt-reduced
- 75 g Pasta, risoni, dry
- 50 g reduced fat feta cheese, crumbled
- 2 tbs fresh oregano, leaves
Heat half the oil in a large non-stick frying pan over high heat. Cook chicken, turning, for 5 minutes or until browned. Transfer to a 4.5-litre (18-cup) slow cooker.
Heat remaining oil in same pan over medium heat. Add onion, carrot and celery and cook, stirring occasionally, for 5 minutes or until softened. Add garlic and dried oregano and cook for 1 minute or until fragrant. Stir in wine, bay leaves, tomatoes and stock and bring to the boil. Transfer to slow cooker.
Cook, covered, on high, for 2½ hours (or low for 5 hours). Stir in risoni. Cook, covered, on high for 30 minutes (or low for 1 hour) or until risoni is tender and chicken is cooked through. Serve topped with feta and fresh oregano.
- SERVING SUGGESTION: Steamed beans and zucchini slices. TIP: Chicken lovely legs are chicken legs with the skin removed and some of the bone removed. Find them in the meat cabinets at most supermarkets or speciality chicken stores.