- 1 medium brown onion, finely chopped
- 1 medium carrot, finely chopped
- 1 individual celery sticks, finely chopped
- 400 g lean lamb mince, extra lean
- 1 1/2 cup(s) beef stock, (375ml)
- 1 tbs worcestershire sauce
- 2 tbs herb and garlic tomato paste
- 1 can(s) canned cannellini beans, rinsed, drained, (400g can) rinsed
- 300 g orange sweet potato (kumara), peeled, chopped
- 1 large potato, peeled, chopped
- 1/2 cup(s) skim milk
- 1 x 3 second spray(s) oil spray
Lightly spray a large non-stick frying pan with oil and heat over medium heat. Add the onion, carrot and celery and cook, stirring, for 5 minutes or until softened.
Add the lamb and cook, breaking up any lumps with a wooden spoon, for 3–5 minutes or until browned. Add the stock, Worcestershire sauce and tomato paste. Reduce heat to low and cook, stirring occasionally, for 30 minutes or until the sauce thickens.
Add the beans and cook for 2 minutes or until heated through.
Meanwhile, boil, steam or microwave potatoes until tender. Drain. Mash potatoes in a large bowl with milk until smooth. Season with salt and freshly ground black pepper.
Preheat oven to 200°C or 180°C fan-forced. Spoon meat mixture into four 1-cup (250ml) capacity ovenproof dishes. Spoon mash on top. Bake for 20 minutes or until golden. Serve.