- 4 individual Corn, raw, cob
- 400 g scallop, raw, (without roe)
- 2 clove(s) fresh garlic, finely chopped
- 1 tbs fresh ginger, finely grated
- 1 large Capsicum, red, raw, thinly sliced
- 200 g green beans
- 1 bunch(es) gai lan, leaves and stems separated
- 2 tbs soy sauce
- 1 cup(s) fresh coriander, sprigs
- 1/2 tsp chilli flakes, pinch
Boil, steam or microwave corn until tender. Drain. Using a small, sharp knife, remove kernels from cobs. Discard cobs. Process kernels in a food processor until a coarse puree forms. Season with salt and pepper. Cover to keep warm.
Heat a large deep non-stick frying pan over medium-high heat. Cook scallops for 30 seconds each side to just to seal.
Add garlic, ginger, capsicum, beans, gai lan stems and ⅓ cup (80ml) water and cook, stirring occasionally, for 2 minutes or until vegetables are almost tender. Add gai lan leaves and soy sauce and cook for 1 minute or until wilted. Season with pepper.
Top puree with scallop mixture and coriander. Sprinkle with chilli flakes to serve.
- TIP: Swap Gai lan for any leafy Asian vegetable or English spinach.