- 325 g pasta, (papparadelle)
- 2 medium zucchini, thinly sliced
- 3 small fresh eggplant
- 1 medium red capsicum, cut into 1cm pieces
- 250 g cherry tomato
- 6 whole canned artichoke hearts in brine, rinsed, drained, halved
- 1 whole fresh red chilli, deseeded, chopped
- 2 clove(s) fresh garlic, thinly sliced
- 100 g black olives, drained, Kalamata, pitted
- 150 g reduced-fat ricotta cheese, crumbled
- 1/2 cup(s) fresh basil, chopped
- 1 x 3 second spray(s) oil spray
- Cook pasta in a large saucepan of boiling salted water following packet instructions until tender. Drain, reserving ¼ cup (60ml) of pasta water. Return pasta to pan.
- Meanwhile, lightly spray a large non-stick frying pan with oil and heat over high heat. Add zucchini, eggplant and red capsicum and cook, stirring, for 3–4 minutes or until just tender. Add cherry tomatoes, artichoke hearts, chilli and garlic and cook, stirring, for 2–3 minutes or until tomatoes are golden and garlic softened.
- Using a potato masher, lightly crush tomatoes. Add olives and reserved pasta water and cook for 2 minutes. Add vegetable mixture, ricotta and basil to pasta, tossing gently to combine. Serve immediately