Purple tabouli with chicken
1 cup(s), rinsed, drained (160g)
¼ cup(s), (40g)
Skinless chicken breast
450 g, (Buy 2 x 250g fillets), fat trimmed, halved horizontally
1 large, coarsely grated
Fresh flat-leaf parsley
½ cup(s), finely chopped
½ cup(s), finely chopped (leaves and stems)
¼ cup(s), finely chopped
1 medium, finely chopped
¼ medium, finely chopped
2 x 3 second spray(s)
- Place burghul in a large heatproof bowl and cover with boiling water. Set aside for 10 minutes. Drain. Squeeze out excess liquid. Return to bowl.
- Meanwhile, heat a large non-stick frying pan over medium heat. Cook pine nuts and pepitas, stirring, for 3 minutes or until light golden. Transfer to bowl with burghul.
- Lightly spray chicken with oil and season with salt and pepper. Sprinkle with sumac.
- Reheat same pan over medium-high heat. Cook chicken for 2–3 minutes each side or until cooked through. Cover chicken with foil and set aside to rest for 5 minutes before thickly slicing.
- Add beetroot, parsley, half the coriander, basil, cucumber, onion, oil and juice to burghul mixture. Season with salt and pepper and toss to combine. Top salad with chicken and sprinkle with remaining coriander to serve.