Tuck into this great vegan salad featuring sweet baked pumpkin, crunchy pepitas, tender white beans and juicy tomatoes.
- 350 g Pumpkin, raw, peeled, cut into 2cm cubes
- 1 1/2 tbs pumpkin seeds
- 1 tsp dijon mustard
- 1 tsp fresh lemon rind
- 1 tbs lemon juice
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 2 cup(s) Mixed salad leaves, (60g)
- 100 g Tomato, grape, whole
- 2 individual Green shallots, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup(s) Cannellini beans, canned, rinsed, drained, (120g)
- 1 x 3 second spray(s) oil spray
Preheat oven to 220°C or 200°C fan-forced. Place the pumpkin on a baking tray and lightly spray with oil. Bake for 15 minutes or until tender, adding pepitas to the tray for the last 5 minutes of cooking. Cool.
Meanwhile, combine the mustard, rind, juice and oil in a screw-top jar. Shake well.
Place salad leaves, tomatoes, shallots, white beans and baked pumpkin and pepitas in a large bowl. Drizzle with dressing and toss gently to combine. Serve.
- TIP: Pepitas are sold in packets in the nut aisle and are the green kernels of pumpkin seeds.