- 1 tsp canola oil
- 1 medium onion, thinly sliced
- 2 clove(s) fresh garlic, crushed
- 2 tsp fresh ginger
- 1 whole fresh red chilli, deseeded, finely chopped
- 2 tsp curry powder
- 3 medium fresh tomato, coarsely chopped
- 1 cup(s) chicken stock, (250ml)
- 150 g green beans, trimmed, sliced diagonally
- 450 g Prawns, raw, (500g peeled), tails intact
- 150 g dry rice noodles, vermicelli
- 1/3 cup(s) fresh coriander, coarsely chopped
- 1/4 cup(s) fresh mint, coarsely chopped
Heat oil in a large saucepan over medium heat. Cook onion, stirring, for 5 minutes or until softened. Add garlic, ginger, chilli and curry powder and cook for 30 seconds or until fragrant. Add tomatoes and cook for 3–4 minutes or until softened.
Add stock and bring to the boil. Reduce heat to medium. Add beans and prawns and cook for 5 minutes or until beans are tender and prawns are cooked through.
Meanwhile, place noodles in a heatproof bowl and cover with boiling water. Set aside for 3–5 minutes or until softened. Drain.
Divide noodles among serving bowls and top with prawn curry. Serve sprinkled with coriander and mint.
- TIP: To devein green (raw) prawns, use a small, sharp knife to cut a shallow slit along the back. Use the knife tip to locate the black (or sometimes clear) vein, then pull it out.