- 4 medium egg(s), (at room temperature)
- 4 slice(s) wholemeal bread, toasted
- 2 tsp fresh chives, chopped
- 2 x 3 second spray(s) oil spray
Bring a large saucepan of water to a simmer. Line a small bowl with a large sheet of plastic wrap, overhanging the sides. Lightly spray with oil. Break an egg into the plastic.
Gather ends of plastic to enclose egg, being sure to expel all the air. Twist firmly just above the egg, then tie securely. Repeat with remaining eggs.
Place plastic-wrapped eggs into pan, and simmer over low heat for 4½ minutes or until white has set but yolk is still soft. Lift out of pan onto a plate.
Use scissors to snip plastic between egg and knot. Carefully peel away plastic. Turn eggs onto toast and sprinkle with chives. Season.
- SERVING SUGGESTION: Baby vine-ripened tomatoes and 1 rasher bacon per serve. TIP: Try This Too! Whirlpool Method: 1. Bring a large saucepan of water to a simmer. Break an egg into a cup. 2. Stir the water to create a whirlpool, and slide the egg gently into the water. The white should begin to set immediately and the movement of the water will help it to wrap around the yolk and keep a nice shape. Cook for 3 minutes.