- 1000 g frozen broad beans, (1 kg)
- 2 tsp fresh lemon rind, grated, plus extra to garnish
- 1 tbs lemon juice
- 1 clove(s) garlic, quartered
- 2 tbs fresh mint, chopped, plus extra to garnish
- 600 g skinless chicken breast, (2x300g fillets)
- 1/4 tsp peppercorn
- 1 whole fresh bay leaf
- 50 g Carrot, baby, raw, (1 bunch)
- 1 medium lemon(s), cut into wedges
Cook broad beans following packet instructions. Drain. Refresh under cold water and drain. Peel and discard skins. Process beans, rind, juice, garlic and chopped mint in a food processor until almost smooth. Season mash with salt and pepper.
Meanwhile, place chicken, peppercorns and bay leaf in a large saucepan and cover with cold water. Bring to a simmer over high heat. Reduce heat and simmer, partially covered, for 15 minutes or until chicken is cooked through. Remove chicken from cooking liquid and thinly slice. Discard cooking liquid.
Meanwhile, boil, steam or microwave carrots until just tender. Drain.
Serve chicken with broad bean mash, carrots, extra rind, mint leaves and lemon wedges.
- SERVING SUGGESTION: Steamed spinach or broccoli. TIPS: There is no need to peel baby carrots. Just trim the green fronds and lightly scrub with a toothbrush when rinsing, especially around the tops. Add it: 2 tsp olive oil to pan-fry chicken (halved) instead of poaching. Swap it: Broad beans for 2 cups (240g) frozen peas.