- 2 tsp olive oil
- 320 g trimmed pork fillet, (buy 400g), fat trimmed, thinly sliced
- 2 medium brown onion, thinly sliced
- 1 tbs ground paprika, mild
- 1 tbs plain flour
- 1 cup(s) chicken stock, (250ml)
- 1 large red capsicum, thinly sliced
- 200 g fresh mushrooms, thickly sliced
- 1/3 cup(s) Weight Watchers Sour Cream, (80g)
- 250 g pasta, pappardelle
- 200 g green beans, trimmed
- 300 g carrot, baby, trimmed, peeled (1 bunch)
Heat oil in a deep non-stick frying pan over medium heat. Cook pork, turning, for 5 minutes or until browned and cooked through. Remove from pan.
Add onions to same pan. Cook, stirring, over medium heat for 10 minutes or until caramelised. Add paprika and flour. Cook, stirring, for 30 seconds. Gradually add stock, stirring constantly to prevent lumps. Add capsicum and mushrooms and bring to the boil. Reduce heat to low and simmer for 10 minutes or until vegetables are tender. Add sour cream and pork and cook, stirring, over low heat until heated through (see tip). Season with salt and freshly ground black pepper.
Meanwhile, cook pasta in a large saucepan of boiling salted water, following packet instructions, or until just tender. Drain.
Boil, steam or microwave beans and carrots, separately, until just tender. Drain. Divide pasta among serving bowls and top with pork mixture. Season with freshly ground black pepper and serve with green beans and carrots.
- Do not boil pork mixture once sour cream is added. Boiling will cause the cream to split and curdle.