- 70 g wholemeal bread, homemade, breadcrumbs (1 cup)
- 35 g pistachios, (1/4 cup) finely chopped
- 1/4 cup(s) fresh flat-leaf parsley, chopped
- 1 tbs lemon juice
- 2 tsp ground coriander, seeds, lightly crushed
- 2 tsp dijon mustard
- 600 g Ling fillet, (4 x 150g) firm white fish fillets
- 400 g potato, chopped
- 1/4 cup(s) skim milk, (60ml)
- 80 g baby spinach leaves, chopped
- 1 medium fresh lemon(s), wedges to serve
Preheat oven to 180°C or 160°C fan-forced. Line a baking tray with baking paper.
Combine breadcrumbs, pistachios, parsley, juice, coriander seeds and mustard in a bowl. Place fish on prepared tray and top with breadcrumb mixture. Bake for 15 minutes until golden and cooked through.
Meanwhile, boil, steam or microwave potatoes until tender. Drain. Mash in a large bowl with milk. Season with salt and pepper. Stir in spinach. Cover to keep warm.
Serve fish with mashed potato and lemon wedges.
- SERVING SUGGESTION: Steamed green beans. TIPS: Use a mortar and pestle to crush coriander seeds. Alternatively, place seeds on a chopping board and gently crush them with a rolling pin. You can use any firm white fish fillets for this recipe, such as ling, blue-eye trevalla, snapper or flathead.