- 1 can(s) canned chickpeas, rinsed, drained
- 1 tbs tahini, (sesame seed paste)
- 1/4 cup(s) lemon juice, (60ml)
- 1 clove(s) fresh garlic
- 2 tbs raw almonds, blanched
- 1 cup(s) fresh basil, leaves
- 1/8 tsp chilli flakes
- 1 tbs olive oil
- 100 g baby spinach leaves
- 8 slice(s) ciabatta bread, (8 x 30g) toasted
- 400 g fresh tomato, mixed, baby, chopped
Process chickpeas, tahini, 2 tablespoons water, 2 tablespoons juice and half the garlic in a food processor until smooth. Season with salt and pepper. Transfer to a bowl.
Process almonds, basil, chilli, oil, 1 tablespoon water, half the spinach and remaining garlic in cleaned food processor until finely chopped. Season pesto with salt and pepper.
Top toast with chickpea puree, remaining spinach leaves and tomatoes. Drizzle with remaining juice and serve topped with pesto.
- TIP: You can use walnuts or hazelnuts instead of almonds.