Middle Eastern roasted vegetables with shredded lamb
- 250 g lean lamb shank, (Buy 2 x 160g shanks) fat trimmed
- 4 medium carrot(s), cut into chunks
- 500 g Beetroot, raw, cut into chunks
- 300 g parsnip, cut into chunks
- 400 g red skin potato, cut into wedges
- 6 clove(s) garlic, unpeeled
- 1/4 cup(s) Juice, orange, (60ml)
- 2 tbs honey
- 1 tbs olive oil
- 100 g baby spinach leaves
- 1 medium Pomegranate, seeded
- 1 small Orange, sliced
- 1/4 cup(s) fresh mint, leaves
- 1 x 3 second spray(s) oil spray
Preheat oven to 180°C. Lightly spray a medium frying pan with oil and heat over medium-high heat. Season the lamb with salt and pepper and cook for 3 minutes or until browned all over.
Arrange the carrot, beetroot, parsnip, potato, garlic and lamb on a large baking tray in a single layer, placing the beetroot to one side. Combine the orange juice, honey and oil in a small bowl. Season with salt and pepper. Pour over the vegetables and lamb and toss to coat. Bake for 2 hours or until the lamb is very tender. Transfer the lamb and garlic to a clean board. Cover the vegetables with foil to keep warm. Coarsely shred the lamb. Discard the garlic skin and finely chop the flesh. Toss the garlic into the lamb.
Arrange the roasted vegetables and baby spinach on a large platter. Top with the lamb mixture, pomegranate, sliced orange and mint leaves.
- SERVING SUGGESTION: Salad of mixed salad leaves, sliced cucumber, radish and red onion drizzled with a little red wine vinegar.