- Place couscous in a medium heatproof bowl. Add 1¼ cups (310ml) boiling water. Stir, cover and set aside for 6-7 minutes or until liquid has absorbed. Scrape with a fork to separate grains. Set aside to cool.
- Meanwhile, combine tomato, onion, avocado, mint and juice in a medium bowl. Season salsa with salt and pepper and stir to combine.
- Add egg and flour to couscous and stir until well combined. Using slightly wet hands, scoop 2 tbs of mixture and shape into twelve 1cm-thick patties. Chill 15 minutes.
- Lightly spray a large non-stick frying pan with oil and heat over medium heat. Cook patties for 2-3 minutes each side or until golden and heated through.
- Top patties with salsa and serve with spinach.
SERVING SUGGESTION: Chargrilled corn cob. TIPS: To deseed tomatoes, cut them into wedges and use a small teaspoon to scoop out the pulp and seeds. Store leftovers in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 3 days. ADD IT: ½ tsp paprika to salsa in Step 2. SWAP IT: Avocado for ½ Lebanese cucumber (chopped).