- 1 large red capsicum
- 2 can(s) canned chickpeas, rinsed, drained, (2x400g cans)
- 1 1/2 cup(s) zucchini, coarsly grated
- 1/4 cup(s) Tomatoes, semi-dried without oil, (35g), finely chopped
- 1 medium egg(s), lightly beaten
- 2 tbs fresh basil, chopped
- 25 g Breadcrumbs, (1/4 cup)
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 2 tbs low-fat mayonnaise
- 2 g Paprika, smoked, (pinch)
- 1 clove(s) fresh garlic, chopped
- 4 large multigrain bread roll, split
- 50 g rocket leaves
- 2 medium fresh tomato, sliced
Preheat a barbecue over medium heat. Cook capsicum on grill, turning, for 15–20 minutes or until skin blisters. Place in a plastic bag and set aside to cool. Peel and discard skin. Coarsely chop flesh.
Meanwhile, process chickpeas in a food processor until almost smooth. Transfer to a large bowl. Add zucchini, semi-dried tomato, egg and basil and mix well to combine. Shape mixture into 4 patties. Place breadcrumbs on a plate. Press patties into breadcrumbs to coat.
Drizzle flat plate with oil. Cook patties for 4 minutes each side or until golden and heated through. Cook rolls, cut-side down, on grill for 1 minute or until light golden.
Process capsicum, mayonnaise, paprika and garlic in a food processor until smooth. Transfer to a bowl.
Place roll bases on serving plates. Top with rocket, fresh tomato, patties and capsicum mayonnaise. Sandwich with roll tops to serve.
- SERVING SUGGESTION: Mixed salad leaves, drizzled with lemon juice.