- 500 g orange sweet potato (kumara), (cut into 1cm cubes)
- 450 g skinless chicken breast, (buy 500g), fat trimmed
- 1 can(s) canned chickpeas, rinsed, drained
- 1 tbs maple syrup
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 1 tbs vinegar, (apple cider)
- 2 tsp sesame seeds
- 1 large red capsicum, thinly sliced
- 1 medium red onion, (thinly sliced)
- 4 cup(s) rocket leaves, (baby)
- 2 x 3 second spray(s) oil spray
Preheat oven to 200°C or 180°C fan-forced. Lightly spray a baking tray with oil. Place sweet potato on tray and lightly spray with oil. Bake for 15 minutes or until browned and tender.
Meanwhile, carefully place the chicken in a medium saucepan of boiling water. Reduce the heat and simmer, uncovered, for 8–10 minutes or until chicken is cooked through. Drain chicken and cool. Shred chicken.
Combine chicken in a large bowl with chickpeas, syrup, oil, vinegar and sesame seeds. Add the baked sweet potato, capsicum and onion and toss gently to combine. Place rocket on plates or a serving platter and top with chicken salad.
- To toast the sesame seeds, place them on a baking tray and bake in the oven with the sweet potato for 3 minutes or until light golden.