- 250 g cherry tomato
- 1 cup(s) Dry lentils, (200g), French-style green variety
- 100 g Mushrooms, button variety, sliced
- 2 tbs reduced-fat French dressing
- 60 g baby spinach leaves
- 3 individual Green shallots, thinly sliced
- 4 medium egg(s)
Preheat oven to 180°C or 160°C fan-forced. Line a baking tray with baking paper. Place tomatoes on prepared tray and bake for 20 minutes or until soft. Cool slightly.
Meanwhile, cook lentils in a large saucepan of boiling water, following packet instructions, until just tender. Drain. Transfer to a large bowl. Add tomatoes, mushrooms, dressing, spinach and shallots and toss to combine. Season with salt and pepper.
Half-fill a medium frying pan with water and heat over medium-high heat until just simmering. Crack 1 egg into a cup, and then carefully slide egg into the pan. Cook for 3 minutes or until white has set but yolk is still soft. Using a slotted spoon, transfer to a plate. Repeat with remaining eggs (you can cook several at once to save time).
Top lentil salad with eggs and sprinkle with pepper to serve.
- TIPS: French-style lentils are small dark-green lentils that hold their shape when cooked. Find them in the dried legume aisle. Add it: ½ cup small fresh basil leaves at end of Step 2. Swap it: Dried lentils for 2 x 400g cans brown lentils or chickpeas (rinsed, drained).