Lemon pepper salmon with pumpkin and chickpea puree
- 800 g Pumpkin, raw, (Japanese) peeled, cut into 2cm pieces (buy 1kg)
- 270 g chickpeas, canned, rinsed, drained, (buy 400g can)
- 600 g Skinless salmon, raw, (buy 4 x 150g fillets)
- 1 tbs lemon pepper seasoning
- 1 medium Lebanese cucumber, thinly sliced
- 1/2 small red onion, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup(s) fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 1/2 cup(s) fresh mint
- 1 tbs lemon juice
- 1 tsp olive oil, (extra virgin)
Boil, steam or microwave pumpkin until tender. Drain. Mash in a large bowl until smooth.
Meanwhile, place chickpeas in a blender or small food processor and process until smooth. Stir chickpea puree into pumpkin and season with salt and freshly ground black pepper. Cover to keep warm.
Preheat grill on medium-high. Line grill tray with foil. Sprinkle salmon with lemon pepper seasoning and lightly spray with oil. Grill salmon, turning once, for 6-8 minutes for medium or until cooked to your liking.
Meanwhile, place cucumber, onion, parsley, mint, juice and oil in a medium bowl. Toss gently to combine.
Divide pumpkin and chickpea puree among serving plates. Serve with salmon and herb salad.
- SERVING SUGGESTION: Steamed beans and broccoli. TIP: For a Cajun twist, you can use a 420g can creamed corn (heated through) instead of pumpkin and chickpea puree, and Cajun seasoning instead of lemon pepper.