- 120 g Weight Watchers Weight Watchers Canola Spread
- 2 clove(s) fresh garlic, crushed
- 3 tbs fresh sage, finely chopped
- 1 tbs fresh thyme, leaves
- 1 tbs fresh lemon rind, grated
- 1 tbs lemon juice
- 1500 g baked turkey breast, (1 x 4kg)
- 600 g onion, (pickling), peeled, halved if large
- 140 g fresh garlic, (2 extra bulbs), unpeeled, cloves separated
- 1 bag(s) fresh thyme, (4 sprigs)
- 6 g orange rind, (2 thick strips)
- 275 ml cranberry sauce
- 1 whole cinnamon quill
- 80 ml Port
- 65 g gravy powder, light
- 500 ml chicken stock, salt reduced
To make the herb spread, place canola spread, crushed garlic, sage, thyme, lemon rind and juice in a medium bowl. Season with salt and pepper. Stir to combine.
Preheat oven to 180°C or 160°C fan-forced. Remove neck and giblets from inside turkey and discard. Rinse turkey under cold water, pat dry inside and out. Tuck wings under body. Starting from the leg end of the turkey, loosen skin over breast and tops of legs using fingers or the handle of a wooden spoon. Push herb spread under skin of turkey, being careful not to break the skin.
Place turkey on a wire rack in a baking dish, tucking neck flap under body. Tie legs together with kitchen string. Lightly spray turkey with oil. Cover with foil. Bake for 1 hr 45 mins, basting occasionally with pan juices. Remove foil.
Bake for a further 25 mins, basting occasionally, until juices run clear when the thickest part of the thigh is pierced with a skewer.
Next, place onions, extra garlic and thyme in a separate baking dish. Lightly spray with oil and season with salt and pepper. Bake, turning occasionally for 45 mins or until golden and tender.
To make the cranberry sauce, place orange rind, sauce, cinnamon, port and ¼ cup water in a small saucepan over medium-high heat. Bring to the boil. Reduce heat to medium-low. Simmer, uncovered, for 10 mins or until thickened. Remove from heat. Discard cinnamon stick and orange rind. Serve warm or cold.
Remove turkey from oven. Transfer to a serving platter with vegetables. Cover loosely with foil and set aside for 10 mins.
Herb roasted turkey with gravy and cranberry sauce