Grilled tandoori chicken with chickpea salad and raita
- 1 tbs tandoori paste
- 3/4 cup(s) 99% fat-free plain yoghurt, (180g)
- 600 g Chicken tenderloin
- 2 medium Lebanese cucumber
- 2 tbs fresh mint, finely chopped
- 1 medium Red capsicum, finely chopped
- 1/2 small red onion, thinly sliced
- 1 can(s) chickpeas, canned, rinsed, drained, (1x400g can)
- 1/3 cup(s) fresh coriander, coarsely chopped
- 1 tbs lemon juice
Combine paste and 2 tablespoons yoghurt in a large bowl. Add chicken and turn to coat. Set aside until required.
Finely grate half a cucumber. Squeeze out excess moisture. Combine grated cucumber, mint and remaining yoghurt in a bowl. Season raita with salt and pepper.
Preheat grill on high. Line a baking tray with foil. Place chicken, in a single layer, on prepared tray. Grill, turning, for 10 minutes or until browned and cooked through.
Thinly slice remaining cucumber. Combine cucumber, capsicum, onion, chickpeas, coriander and juice in a bowl. Season with salt and pepper. Serve chicken with salad and raita.
- TIPS: Add it: 1 tbs olive oil to salad in Step 4. Swap it: Tandoori paste for korma, balti or madras curry paste.