- 350 g Pumpkin, raw, peeled, chopped
- 1 medium brown onion, finely chopped
- 2 clove(s) garlic, crushed
- 1/2 tsp chilli powder
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp ground coriander
- 1/4 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 whole fresh red chilli, thinly sliced
- 400 g canned diced tomatoes, crushed
- 1/4 cup(s) lime juice, (60ml)
- 650 g skinless chicken breast, (4 x 180g fillets), fat trimmed
- 300 g green beans
- 150 g sugar snap peas
- 1 medium Lime, cut into cheeks
- 1/2 cup(s) fresh coriander, corriander sprigs
Boil, steam or microwave pumpkin until tender. Drain. Mash in a large bowl until smooth. Season with salt and pepper.
Meanwhile, heat a large non-stick saucepan over medium-high heat. Cook onion and garlic, stirring, for 3 minutes or until onion has softened. Add chilli powder, cumin, ground coriander, cinnamon and chilli and cook, stirring, for 1 minute or until fragrant.
Add tomatoes, mashed pumpkin and 1 cup (250ml) water and bring to the boil. Reduce heat and simmer, uncovered, for 15–20 minutes or until sauce has thickened and flavours intensify. Remove from heat. Using a food processor or stick blender, blend sauce until almost smooth. Add juice and season with salt and pepper. Blend or process until combined.
Meanwhile, cut each chicken breast horizontally into 2 thin fillets. Preheat a large chargrill or barbecue over high heat. Cook chicken for 3 minutes each side or until browned and cooked through (see note).
Boil, steam or microwave beans and sugar snaps until tender. Drain. Top chicken with pumpkin sauce and coriander. Season with salt and pepper. Serve with vegetables and lime cheeks.
- TIPS: When cooking chicken without oil, try not to turn it too quickly. It should release quite easily from the pan when the first side has sealed. Sauce can be made up to 2 days ahead. Store in an airtight container in the fridge. Add it: Dash of chipotle hot sauce or Tabasco in Step 3. Swap it: Chicken for 4 x 100g lean beef fillet steaks.