Farro salad with prawns
¾ cup(s), (150g)
Fresh bay leaf
250 g, cherry variety
2 clove(s), finely chopped
Raw peeled prawns
12 small, (156g) peeled, tails intact
Red wine vinegar
1 bunch(es), leaves halved
1 medium, cut into spirals
1 cup(s), leaves
2 x 3 second spray(s)
- Preheat oven to 200°C or 180°C fan-forced.
- Place farro, bay leaf, sea salt and 3 cups (750ml) water in a medium saucepan over medium-high heat and bring to the boil. Reduce heat and simmer, covered, for 40–45 minutes, or until farro is tender and liquid has evaporated (add small amounts of water until farro is tender if necessary). Discard bay leaf. Set aside to cool.
- Meanwhile, place tomatoes on a baking tray. Lightly spray with oil and bake for 10–15 minutes or until tender and lightly charred.
- Heat 1 tablespoon oil in a large non-stick frying pan over medium heat. Cook garlic, stirring, for 30 seconds or until fragrant. Add prawns and cook, gently tossing, for 2–3 minutes or until just cooked through.
- Whisk remaining oil and vinegar in a large bowl. Add farro, radicchio, zucchini and mint and gently toss to combine. Top salad with tomatoes and prawns.