- 500 g Cauliflower, raw, cut into chunks
- 200 g potato, cut into chunks
- 1 cup(s) skim milk, (250ml)
- 400 g skinless salmon
- 1 tbs olive oil
- 1 medium brown onion, finely chopped
- 2 individual celery sticks, finely chopped
- 2 medium carrot, finely chopped
- 3 clove(s) fresh garlic, finely chopped
- 2 tsp curry powder
- 1 tbs plain flour
- 1 1/2 cup(s) frozen peas, boiled, (180g)
- 2 x 3 second spray(s) oil spray
Place the cauliflower and potato in a medium saucepan. Cover with water and bring to the boil. Boil for 20 minutes or until tender. Drain well. Return to the pan. Add ¼ cup (60ml) milk and mash until smooth. Season with salt and pepper.
Meanwhile, steam the salmon over a saucepan of boiling water for 5 minutes or until just cooked through. Set aside to cool slightly and coarsely flake.
Heat the oil in a large frying pan over medium heat. Cook the onion, celery, carrot and garlic, stirring, for 10 minutes or until softened. Add the curry powder and flour and cook, stirring, for 1 minute. Add 1/3 cup (80ml) water and the remaining milk and stir to combine. Stir in the peas and salmon and season with salt and pepper.
Preheat oven to 220°C. Spoon the salmon mixture into 4 x 1 1/3-cup (310ml) capacity ovenproof dishes. Top with cauliflower mash. Lightly spray with oil. Bake for 15 minutes or until golden and bubbly.
- SERVING SUGGESTION: Steamed green beans.