Crunchy baked fish with apple slaw
- 1 slice(s) high fibre wholemeal bread, very finely chopped
- 2 tsp fresh flat-leaf parsley, finely chopped
- 1 tsp fennel seeds
- 1 tsp fresh lemon rind, grated
- 1 1/2 tbs olive oil
- 500 g Ling, raw, (Buy 4 x 125g) or any firm white fish fillet
- 2 medium Apple, 1 red, 1 green, unpeeled, cut into matchsticks
- 400 g Brussels sprout, thinly shredded (see tip)
- 1 individual Celery, thinly sliced diagonally
- 1/2 small Red onion, thinly sliced
- 1 tsp poppy seeds
- 1 whole Fresh red chilli, deseeded, thinly sliced
- 2 tbs lemon juice
- 1 medium Lemon, cut into wedges to serve
Preheat oven to 200°C. Line a baking tray with baking paper.
Combine bread, parsley, fennel seeds, lemon rind and 2 tsp oil in a bowl. Season. Place fish on prepared tray and press bread mixture over top of each fillet. Bake for 12 minutes or until fish is just cooked and bread is golden.
Meanwhile, place apple, brussels sprouts, celery, onion, poppy seeds, chilli, lemon juice and remaining oil in a large bowl. Season and toss to combine. Serve fish with coleslaw.
- TIP: If using a mandolin to shred the brussels sprouts, leave the stem on and hold it while carefully shredding.