- 200 g reduced-fat ricotta cheese
- 2 medium egg(s)
- 248 g Nestle Soleil Mousse, Chocolate, (4x62g)
- 1/4 cup(s) caster sugar, (55g)
- 1 cup(s) white self-raising flour, (150g)
- 55 g cocoa powder, (1/4 cup)
- 1/2 cup(s) skim milk, (125ml)
- 1 tsp icing sugar
- 1 x 3 second spray(s) oil spray
Preheat oven to 200°C or 180˚C fan-forced. Lightly spray a 20cm round cake tin with oil. Line base and side with baking paper. Place ricotta and eggs in a food processor and process until smooth. Add Chocolate Mousse and pulse until combined.
Sift flour and cocoa into a large bowl. Stir in sugar. Fold ricotta mixture and milk, alternately, into flour mixture. Spoon mixture into prepared tin. Bake for 45–50 minutes or until cooked when tested with a skewer. Cool cake in tin for 5 minutes before turning out onto a wire rack to cool (centre will dip slightly on cooling). Slide cake onto a serving plate and dust with icing sugar to serve.
- TIP: Fresh ricotta cheese is sold at the deli counter of most supermarkets and is best for baking. The smooth ricotta sold in tubs is better for spreading and making sauces.