These fluffy chocolate pikelets with a hidden crunch from the cereal bars, are perfect for an afternoon tea or mid-morning treat.
- 1 cup(s) white self-raising flour, (150g)
- 2 tbs cocoa powder
- 1/4 cup(s) caster sugar, (55g)
- 1 medium egg(s), lightly beaten
- 300 g no-fat, no added sugar vanilla yoghurt
- 40 g Cereal bars, nuts, (2x20g bars) finely chopped
- 2 medium Banana, thinly sliced
- 60 g Blueberries
- 2 tbs honey
- 1 x 3 second spray(s) oil spray
Sift flour, cocoa and sugar into a medium bowl. Stir in egg, yoghurt, 2 tablespoons water and cereal bar until combined.
Lightly spray a large non-stick frying pan with oil and heat over medium-high heat. Drop slightly heaped tablespoons of batter into pan, allowing room for spreading. Cook pikelets for 1–2 minutes or until bubbles appear on the surface. Turn pikelets and cook for 1 minute or until cooked through. Repeat with remaining batter to make 18 pikelets.
Serve pikelets with banana, blueberries and a drizzle of honey.
- TIPS: • You can use chopped fresh dates instead of banana and blueberries.