Chocolate, orange and pumpkin brownie bars
- 2 medium Egg
- 1/2 cup(s) brown sugar, (110g)
- 45 g Sweetener, stevia, (1/4 cup)
- 2 tsp orange rind, finely grated
- 40 g Reduced fat oil spread, melted
- 1 cup(s) Boiled pumpkin, (400g), cold, mashed
- 3/4 cup(s) plain flour, (110g)
- 1/4 cup(s) cocoa powder, (25g)
- 1 tsp Coffee, instant
- 45 g Well, naturally Chocolate Bar, Valencia Orange, finely chopped
- 2 tbs pistachios, finely chopped
- 1 x 3 second spray(s) oil spray
Preheat oven to 160°C. Lightly spray a 20cm (base measurement) square cake tin with oil. Line base and sides with baking paper, allowing it to hangover 2 opposite sides.
Using an electric mixer, beat eggs and sugar in a medium bowl for 2 minutes or until thick and fluffy. Beat in stevia and rind. Stir in spread, pumpkin and sifted flour and cocoa. Dissolve coffee in 2 tsp boiling water and stir into brownie mixture with chocolate. Spread mixture into prepared pan. Sprinkle evenly with pistachio.
Bake for 20-25 minutes or until just cooked through (brownie should feel just firm to touch). Set aside to cool in tin completely. Cut into 16 bars.
- TIP: You will need to cook about 400g of pumpkin for this dish.