You may be surprised to learn you can use your leftover cold mash pumpkin in sweet cooking. With the tasty jaffa flavour combination of orange and chocolate you won't even realise you are eating vegies too!
- 2 medium Egg
- 1/2 cup(s) brown sugar, (110g)
- 45 g Sweetener, stevia, (1/4 cup)
- 2 tsp orange rind, finely grated
- 40 g Reduced fat oil spread, melted
- 1 cup(s) Boiled pumpkin, (400g), cold, mashed
- 3/4 cup(s) plain flour, (110g)
- 1/4 cup(s) cocoa powder, (25g)
- 1 tsp Coffee, instant
- 45 g Well, naturally Chocolate Bar, Valencia Orange, finely chopped
- 2 tbs pistachios, finely chopped
- 1 x 3 second spray(s) oil spray
Preheat oven to 160°C. Lightly spray a 20cm (base measurement) square cake tin with oil. Line base and sides with baking paper, allowing it to hangover 2 opposite sides.
Using an electric mixer, beat eggs and sugar in a medium bowl for 2 minutes or until thick and fluffy. Beat in stevia and rind. Stir in spread, pumpkin and sifted flour and cocoa. Dissolve coffee in 2 tsp boiling water and stir into brownie mixture with chocolate. Spread mixture into prepared pan. Sprinkle evenly with pistachio.
Bake for 20-25 minutes or until just cooked through (brownie should feel just firm to touch). Set aside to cool in tin completely. Cut into 16 bars.
- TIP: You will need to cook about 400g of pumpkin for this dish.