- 880 g skinless chicken breast, (buy 4x250g breasts), fat trimmed
- 1 x 3 second spray(s) oil spray
- 1 tbs Weight Watchers Weight Watchers Canola Spread
- 4 whole eschalot, thinly sliced
- 1 tbs plain flour
- 250 ml red wine, (marsala, see note)
- 1 cup(s) chicken stock, (250ml)
- 1 tbs fresh rosemary
Lightly spray a large non-stick frying with oil and heat over high heat. Cook chicken, in batches, for 1–2 minutes each side or until cooked through. Transfer to a plate and cover to keep warm.
Melt spread in same pan. Add eschalot and cook, stirring, for 3–4 minutes or until softened. Add flour and cook, stirring, for 1 minute. Stir in marsala and bring to the boil. Reduce heat and simmer, uncovered, for 2 minutes. Add stock and rosemary and simmer, uncovered, for 4–5 minutes or until sauce has slightly thickened. Serve chicken drizzled with sauce.
- SERVING SUGGESTION: Steamed broccolini and baby carrots, plus steamed baby (chat) potatoes. TIP: To cut escalopes from chicken breasts, place your hand on top of the fillet to hold it in place and cut diagonally from top to bottom. You should get six 1cm-thick escalopes from each breast. Perfect with chicken or veal, this sweet Italian sauce has been a dinner-party favourite for decades. Marsala is a fortified Italian wine that is used in both sweet and savoury dishes. It is available from most liquor outlets.