- 3 tsp wholegrain mustard
- 3 tsp olive oil
- 1 clove(s) garlic, crushed
- 12 slice(s) baguette
- 400 g skinless chicken breast, (2x200g)
- 80 g Bacon, shortcut, raw, coarsely chopped
- 2 tbs low-fat mayonnaise
- 1 tbs lemon juice
- 3 medium anchovy fillets in oil, drained, finely chopped
- 180 g cos lettuce, outer leaves removed, torn
- 2 medium Boiled egg, peeled, quartered
- 25 g shaved parmesan cheese
Preheat oven to 200°C or 180°C fan-forced. Line a baking tray with baking paper.
Combine mustard, 1 teaspoon of the oil and garlic in a small bowl. Spread each side of bread slices with mustard mixture. Place on prepared tray. Bake, turning once, for 10 minutes or until croutons are golden and crisp.
Meanwhile, heat remaining oil in a large non-stick frying pan over medium heat. Cook chicken for 2 minutes each side or until golden. Place chicken on a small baking tray. Roast in oven for 6–8 minutes or until cooked through. Transfer to a plate. Cover to keep warm. Rest chicken for 5 minutes before slicing thinly.
Cook bacon in same pan, stirring, for 3–5 minutes or until crisp. Drain on paper towel. Combine mayonnaise, juice and half of the anchovies in a small bowl. Combine lettuce, eggs, remaining anchovies, chicken and bacon in a large bowl. Add dressing and toss gently to combine. Season with freshly ground black pepper and sprinkle with parmesan. Serve with mustard croutons.