Who doesn’t love a tasty stroganoff dish? Close your eyes and enjoy the goodness of mushroom and chicken cooked in a creamy, garlic sauce.
- 1 1/2 tbs olive oil
- 500 g skinless chicken breast
- 1 medium brown onion, thinly sliced
- 2 clove(s) garlic
- 200 g swiss brown mushrooms
- 100 g Mushrooms, button variety
- 2 tbs plain flour
- 1 tsp ground paprika, sweet variety
- 1 cup(s) Beef stock, liquid, salt-reduced, (250ml)
- 1 tbs worcestershire sauce
- 250 g English spinach, leaves
- 2 tbs Weight Watchers Sour Cream
Heat 2 teaspoons oil in a deep non-stick frying pan over medium-high heat. Cook chicken, stirring, for 5 minutes or until browned. Transfer to a plate.
Heat 2 teaspoons oil in same pan over medium heat. Cook onion, stirring, for 5 minutes or until softened. Add garlic and mushrooms and cook, stirring, for 5 minutes or until mushrooms are golden and tender.
Add flour and paprika and cook, stirring, for 1 minute or until fragrant. Add stock and Worcestershire and bring to the boil. Return chicken to pan. Reduce heat and simmer, uncovered, for 5–7 minutes or until chicken is cooked through and sauce has slightly thickened.
Meanwhile, heat remaining oil in a large non-stick frying pan over high heat. Cook spinach, stirring, for 1–2 minutes or until just wilted.
Stir sour cream into chicken mixture and cook for 1 minute or until heated through. Serve stroganoff with spinach.
- SERVING SUGGESTION: Steamed brown rice.