- 1/2 cup(s) Weight Watchers Sour Cream, (125ml)
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 1 medium brown onion, thinly sliced
- 7 medium egg(s)
- 2 bunch(es) fresh asparagus, trimmed, cut in half
- 60 g grated parmesan cheese, (1/2 cup)
- 2 tbs sunflower seeds
- 1 tbs fresh chives
- 2 x 3 second spray(s) oil spray
Preheat oven to 200°C or 180°C fan-forced. Lightly spray a 20cm cake tin with oil and line base with baking paper.
Heat oil in a medium non-stick frying pan over low heat. Add onion and cook, stirring occasionally, for 10–15 minutes or until onion is very soft.
Place eggs and sour cream in a jug. Season with salt and freshly ground black pepper and beat with a fork until combined. Place half the asparagus in the base of prepared tin. Top with half the onion and repeat with remaining asparagus and onion. Pour over the egg mixture and sprinkle with cheese.
Bake for 40–45 minutes or until golden and set. Stand frittata in the tin for 10 minutes before cutting into wedges. Serve sprinkled with sunflower seeds and chives.
- SERVING SUGGESTION: salad of tomato, cucumber and rocket leaves, plus sourdough bread.TIP: Egg shells are quite porous so store eggs in the fridge in their original carton. This helps stopping them absorbing flavours from any strong-smelling foods.